Sunday, June 3, 2012
Shining Inheritance
I've been watching these Korean shows on Netflix. They remind me a lot of American shows from the 80's like Fantasy Island and the Love Boat -- the plot lines are quite simple to follow -- good triumphs over evil, the girl always gets her guy and he usually has lots of money (like a prince, i.e. Cinderella). But they interest me because they are also Korean and that gives it an exotic sort of feeling and they are hokey and fun. I was watching one called Shining Inheritance recently and surprisingly, Emy and Kat have wanted to follow along with the show (which they may as well be G rated, they are even less violent than cartoons). Thing is, it's in Korean, so Emy has to read fast to keep up. And Kat can't read, so I think she's learning Korean just to show off. So, it's kind of great cause I can watch TV, and share with the kids even though it's not made from Disney, AND I am exposing the children to a different culture. Win, win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment