Monday, April 27, 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe for Jennifer

I found this recipe in an old Southern Cooking cookbook we purchased at a thrift store in LA.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg
2 TB of half & half or milk (you may need to sprinkle a bit more if dough is too dry, but start with 2TB)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of all purpose flour (I use Wegmans white whole wheat flour which has more fiber which is why I tend to need a few more sprinkles of milk)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder

1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I use ghiardelli 70%, but the chips are huge so I use about 1/2-3/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 375 (I use 375 on the convect setting)
In mixer, combine together butter, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla. In another bowl, stir flour, salt, and baking soda until mixed, and then add to wet ingredients.

If dry, add sprinkle in another 1/2 tsp of milk. When it all looks like cookie dough, mix in the chocolate chips.

Use a small ice cream scoop or two tablespoons to place 12 scoops on cookie baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until brown. Cool completely.





No comments: