So, she started to safely collect branches to make piles, and I thought I would help her, by getting some branches for her myself. And the tree cracked behind me, and pinned me by my ankle inside of some heavy branches. Both kids were watching me, as I tried yelling for help. Emy got me the phone, I called Randy, but I knew it was only a matter of time before the tree rolled on me, or my kids tried to get too close, or my foot snapped, or my mind made up a dozen other things...
So, I sent Emy over to the neighbors' house where there were these truckers outside working, and she brought two of them to come help me out. I don't have even a bruise on my ankle, and I am totally fine now, but I am still totally nervous about all that could have happened, and I want to slap myself for being so stupid. Almost ended up on "idiotic ways people have died" website. .I can't stand knowing that website even exists; it bothers me to know that chances are so high I will end up on there one day.
1 comment:
What a scary story! I am glad you are ok. I am also impressed by how well your kids handled the emergency situation! Bravo girls!
Ch.
Post a Comment