


Emelina's class is learning about geography, and her class is doing a project called Flat Stanley, where they send out this paper doll across the country to various states to "visit" with friends there (Flat Stanley is pictured above visiting with people). They want us to find people we know who live in other states (not NY) who will agree to "host" Stanley, i.e. take pictures with him and show him a good time. Any takers?
So far, we have people willing to take him in at NJ, MA, and PA. I am definately going to send those in to Emy's teacher and see if Emy can send him to all those places. I am also wondering if we can also go farther out. Anybody know anybody?
UPDATE: I received an overwhelming response to my plea. Emy's teacher even emailed me to find out what the heck I thought I could be up to. We are going to send Flat Stanley from California to Maine (a coast to coast adventure), to see 7 different families, and we have every reason to believe he's even getting tattooed in Tijuana. I seriously hope he makes it back alive. I think the best way to keep track will be to setup a FB group so that we'll know when he's arrived somewhere and when he'll be en route. And I'll have people email me or upload pics direct to a Snapfish album, so I can get them all printed out together. Or whatever works easiest when the times comes. Project will be over by April 2011, we'll update on the trip at that time.
1 comment:
Send him to MAINE!! :)
Post a Comment